Saturday 9 May 2015

Dark Ages Fun: base and run

No long winded explanations about the bleeding obvious this time, very busy with house renovations and today is painting day..... not the type of painting I would prefer to be doing. So I will love you and leave you with a few photo's of this weeks activities. That would amount to painting a couple of shields, not a massively difficult task you might say but something I have rarely done, just wondering if I have ever done it.........












......and basing the figures from the last post. My hoard of tufts must be in the storage container so I had to get creative with some railroad mat and recycled some bits off of the old bases.









Thanks for looking

11 comments:

  1. Excellent job, they look fierce, beautiful, and your basement is really nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil, long way to go yet before I have enough to put up fight but I'm pleased they look fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Dave! Great stuff

    1:1 scale painting isn't my idea of fun either...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments Paul. Ceilings today, gives your neck no end of grief, grrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing better than I am at the painting table for sure.

    Painting ceilings is a nightmare. My interior painting is done. Now I've to paint the porch and stain what seems like miles of wooden fence in the backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make sure I get a couple of hours in the shed each night to do a bit of painting or sculpting, got to get my eye in. Hopefully I'll be finished with the ceilings tomorrow, it is such a shitty job....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work as always, Dave. I like how you highlighted the shield pattern. Cool use of large rocks on the bases too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Dean, now that I have shields worked out I'll have to figure out how to add the battle damage.

    I thought the skirmishers would like to stick to broken ground so a few rocks seemed like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheers Kiwi thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

Good, bad or otherwise I love to hear what you think..... mostly