Wednesday 1 February 2012

a WIP Painting - 7yw imagi nation artillery crew and infantry

Things are on the move and as usual I fail to keep up. The last of the outstanding commission work is posted (I'm free at the  moment Mr Peacock) as are the ebay offerings. Some more work on Hesse-Kassoulet's forces was on the cards so here are some WIP shots of the Raugraviate von ze Tittanmuff  artillerists the Erzherzogin Victoria Ellen Guard Infantry and lastly a Hesse Kassoulet Dragoon Caribiniers or as they are known in H-K derr alt Wilhelm. As is usual for my collection they are finished with a lovely shiny coat of lacquer



Sandra artillerists by Eureka, painted with washes and glazes
 over a white gesso undercoat with a satin finish. 





Sandra Infantry by Eureka, painted with washes and glazes
 over a white gesso undercoat with a satin finish. 



British Dragoon possibly by Foundry (?), painted with block colour 
over a white gesso undercoat, transparency for highlighting and shadows

Over the next week I will be painting some Bavarian Brigadiers for an 1814 campaign so I'll have a bit of a spiel on painting these figures using a couple of different approaches. I don't paint many Foundry figures so these will provide a good base figure for some experimentation, what's better is that their not mine muuuu ahhhh haaaa haaa haaaaa!  I'm painting them as part of my contribution to the campaign

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, such a wonderful subtle shading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, scantally clad ladies....can't be bad!!!

    ReplyDelete

Good, bad or otherwise I love to hear what you think..... mostly